Thursday 12 February 2009

Back to the basics







I don't know if it's the weather or the fact the water isn't suiting my hair but it's something. My hair is falling out and it's kind of freaking me out. Well I'm not bald or anything lol but I was naturally gifted with nice , thick hair. Now as I look at it, I just think"Mariam, what have you done?" Anyway, The endless trips to the salon for a coloring didn't help. All these chemicals, and hair straighteners.. It seriously ruins your hair. Not even a good serum can prevent the damage. I should have listened to the old ladies saying"that stuff is going to kill your hair". I'd be like"whatever, they just probably didn't know what they were doing". lol I was wrong.




Anyway Shampoo is at fault as well. Yup. These shampoos nowadays.. so many chemicals. I decided, I'm going to throw out my Pantene and Herbal Essence. I'm going back to the basics..no not soap. Eew . Johnsons Baby Shampoo. Yes you read correct. It's the best in keeping my hair IN my head.lol It has the least amount of harsh chemicals. It does what a shampoo is supposed to do...that's is clean your hair. And it smells nice too. Plus, no more tears:)





















Also, I put a bit of olive oil or mustard oil in my hair. A traditional Eastern remedy to make hair healthy. It actually works. Sometimes If I'm Really feeling desperate, I mix an egg, a bit of yogurt and oil and make myself a nice hair concoction. Smells nasty, true. But it's great as conditioner. Better then the ones in stores. However the thing with washing out egg is, you have to wash it out in Luke warm water. Otherwise you'll have scrambled eggs in your hair. Nasty. Also I don't keep it in my hair for longer then 2 hours because then it'll really stink up my hair.


















Who knew it would be so difficult to maintain a bunch of dead cells .









I'm Off XOxO

No comments: